Sunday, May 6, 2007

Strawberries are Trendy!

To write about food is always fun. To describe flavors and smells is always a challenge! André sent me some photos from his lunch break and I didn’t resist to upload them here.

As mentioned before Dutch people care a lot about eating healthy, putting salads, fruits and natural juices on top of preferences for their short lunch break.

With no further due the next photos earned their space in this blog:



Yes! It’s truth! Is typical to have a small meal for lunch in Holland, but why not put together the versatility of a sandwich with the vitamins of the fruits?

Strawberries sandwich?? With or without sugar?? Nice, very nice… why i never thought about that?? Can you imagine after the first byte, the juice of the strawberries slipping out? Delicious!

Conclusion:

To me Portuguese, eating a sandwich of fruits it’s really odd, strange! Nevertheless I can imagine how bizarre can it be for a Dutch, to see me eating snails with oregano taste or a boiled octopus salad.

Thanks André for showing me the light! I will change the stone soup from Almeirim and the mixed toasts, for a sweat, juicy and nutritious sandwich of fruit.

No comments: