Monday, February 5, 2007

Positivity wave

The followed text was written last Saturday, 3rd of February:



There are days which are hard to believe in a solution to one’s problems, a pessimism that block our will from doing what is essential and to move forward.

Today without a special reason, I feel in an extreme positive drunkenness state. Everything seems possible; everything around me seems right and happy!

Lately I’ve read about the power of optimism and how that can make the difference in this life. How optimism can move mountains and make miracles, almost touching the concept of “faith”. I have a lot of doubts that is like that, but today it seems that someone wants to make me believe in that power, on those theories.

Typical situation:

Colombo shopping centre! Restaurants floor, weekend, 13:30. Full, full…

Hardly, I managed to find a free table and it takes me 2 goods runs around until I find a place to lay my meal tray and enjoy my meal. Visible the deception in the people’s faces when they can’t find a free place. And still without food, others reserve a table and look around with anxiety, searching for their friends to come fast with their meals.

By luck, because of the strength of optimism, or just being in the right place at the right time, I manage to seat.

Short after an empty table and a lonely middle age man, that

Short time after comes a lonely middle age man that sees an empty table. But he doesn’t take it; he gives priority to a mother that comes with 3 kids and shopping bags. Automatically I invite him to sit on my table.

His sincere smile and “thank you”, raises even more my drunkness of optimism. As if it was magic, a wave of good will spread all around and I see multiple gestures of goodness:

A man cleans the food trays from a table, so an unknown woman can lay hers. Without knowing her… Other searches for a free chair and someone screams: “there is one free here”, “take this one”, etc, etc, etc…

COOL!

Today and while it all last, i will take advantage of this optimism wave, believe that it’s worth to practice the good and that although so many defects, so many dark sides, the goodness exists in the nature of each human being.

So I leave a question to answer in each day of the year:


“Have you already made a good deed today?”

No comments: